Become Part of the Mullins Family
Mullins Food Products takes pride in providing a safe, clean, diverse, and pleasant environment in which all our employees have the opportunity to thrive.
For warehouse and plant positions please contact our agency, Parker Cromwell, at 708-352-8350.
Learn more about our values or explore open positions below.
Day Shift: 6:00am - 4:00pm
Night Shift: 4:00pm - 1:15am
Responsible for monitoring, operating and troubleshooting the packaging equipment while working efficiently and following all procedures for producing quality products according to customer specifications, as well as following safety, GMP and quality procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand written and verbal instructions to complete packaging of products. Refer to “Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)”, Machine Priming, Basic Operating Procedures, Machine Operations, and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSPO’s).
- Able to operate various manufacturing equipment in mass/high volume production environment.
- Requires the ability to manipulate small parts and gauges.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning skills to solve a problem.
- Set up machine at beginning of shift to ensure proper working order.
- Perform safety checks throughout shift.
- Adjust machine components according to finished product specifications.
- Stop and adjust machine in cases of malfunctions/jams.
- Clean machine, perform preventative maintenance.
- Test and evaluate products to verify correct weights, seals, film orientation, leakers, codes, labels etc.
- Document activities performed throughout the shift – pre-op inspections, quality checks, maintenance performed, maintenance needed, etc.
- Communicate performance information to other shifts.
- Clear lines at the end of the shift.
SKILLS & SPECIFICATIONS
- Must be able to attend work as scheduled
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Must be able to perform basic math problem
- Must be able to perform the jobs of his team members
- Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instruction
- Must be able to interact with others in a professional manner.
2nd Shift: Monday - Thursday
All candidates should possess at least 5 years industrial maintenance experience. They should have the ability to troubleshoot electrical circuits including relay logic. They need good mechanical skills, and plumbing skills. Basic machining and welding skills. AB PLC skills including program loading and minor changes a plus.