Become Part of the Mullins Family
Mullins Food Products takes pride in providing a safe, clean, diverse, and pleasant environment in which all our employees have the opportunity to thrive.
For warehouse and plant positions please contact our agency, Parker Cromwell, at 708-352-8350.
Learn more about our values or explore open positions below.
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
Reports To: Director of Quality
This job consists of working directly with the Director of Quality, Quality Managers and Personnel to support Quality Systems Management functions and includes working with Plant Managers, Platform and Packaging Supervisors, Product Development, Sanitation,suppliers, customers and others. These interactions may include communication, coaching, problem solving, root cause analysis, investigation, documentation and corrective actions in regards to quality. In addition to internal personnel there will be communication with customers in regards to specifications, documentation, technical matters complaints, and corrective actions. The individual needs to work in a team environment and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Strong background in food safety requirements (FSMA Preventive Control for Human Food) and regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Develop and maintain food safety policies.
- Ensure that manufacturing processes comply with government standards.
- Writing and reviewing ingredient statements and other technical documents.
- Assess customer requirements and ensure that these are met during production.
- Determine, negotiate and agree on in-house quality procedures, standards and/or specifications.
- Work with operating staff to establish procedures, standards and systems.
- Experience with training plant personnel on quality requirements.
- Good comprehensive knowledge of ingredients.
- Specify quality requirements of raw materials with suppliers.
- Investigate and set standards for quality requirements.
- Assist in the vendor management program.
- Knowledge of SAP and/or TraceGains a plus.
- Perform packaging integrity checks and communicate results to the packaging floor.
- Knowledge of Environmental Monitoring and basic microbiology.
- Plant auditing experience, including internal, external and third party audits. Perform internal audits of the facility as part of a team on a monthly basis.
- Partake in customer audits and GFSI/BRC audit. Assist in the organization of the audit and assignments of sections.
- Work directly with customer service on customer complaints.
- Work with plant personnel and other departments on developing corrective actions via root cause analysis.
- Perform investigations when foreign material is discovered. Track and trend results. Perform root cause analysis and communicate with ingredient suppliers when needed.
- Capable of using Statistical Process Control and analyzing process capabilities to monitor quality performance.
- Act as a promoter for change and improvement in performance quality.
- Experience with acid/acidified foods a plus.
Candidate must exhibit the following skills: confidence, technical, organizational, planning, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, report writing, teamwork.
1. Experience in a Quality or Food Science role preferred
2. Advanced degree preferred
3. Computer skills required: Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, PowerPoint.
4. Requires organization and interpersonal skills.
5. Must be dependable and organized.
Day Shift: 6:00am - 4:00pm
Night Shift: 4:00pm - 1:15am
Responsible for monitoring, operating and troubleshooting the packaging equipment while working efficiently and following all procedures for producing quality products according to customer specifications, as well as following safety, GMP and quality procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand written and verbal instructions to complete packaging of products. Refer to “Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)”, Machine Priming, Basic Operating Procedures, Machine Operations, and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSPO’s).
- Able to operate various manufacturing equipment in mass/high volume production environment.
- Requires the ability to manipulate small parts and gauges.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning skills to solve a problem.
- Set up machine at beginning of shift to ensure proper working order.
- Perform safety checks throughout shift.
- Adjust machine components according to finished product specifications.
- Stop and adjust machine in cases of malfunctions/jams.
- Clean machine, perform preventative maintenance.
- Test and evaluate products to verify correct weights, seals, film orientation, leakers, codes, labels etc.
- Document activities performed throughout the shift – pre-op inspections, quality checks, maintenance performed, maintenance needed, etc.
- Communicate performance information to other shifts.
- Clear lines at the end of the shift.
SKILLS & SPECIFICATIONS
- Must be able to attend work as scheduled
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Must be able to perform basic math problem
- Must be able to perform the jobs of his team members
- Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instruction
- Must be able to interact with others in a professional manner.