It’s BBQ Season! There is so much versatility that can be achieved by cooking outdoors. Your culinary masterpiece will vary based on whether you use a gas or charcoal grill, your cooking temperature, but the biggest flavor enhancer is the type of sauce you choose. Staying on top of the latest culinary and menu trends are ideal ways to make your ordinary recipe extraordinary!
Try this family-favorite recipe. It can be prepared ahead of time so you can enjoy the dinner hour with your family or guests:
GRILLED BUFFALO CHICKEN SERVED ON A BOUNTIFUL SALAD
- 4 Boneless chicken breasts
- Buffalo sauce (your favorite brand)
- Red leaf lettuce or your favorite variety
- 2-3 green onions
- 1 red, yellow, or orange pepper
- Garbanzo beans
- Hearts of palm
- 1 ripe avocado
- Small cherry tomatoes
- 1 red apple, cut into slices or cubes
SIMPLE SALAD DRESSING
- 1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 - 3/4 tsp dijon mustard
- Place the chicken between plastic wrap and gently use a meat mallet to flatten the chicken on both sides to ½ inch thick (begin with the thickest side).
- Place your chicken breasts in a bowl and cover with buffalo sauce for 15 – 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Grill the chicken on medium heat to your desired taste; we recommend slightly charred on the edges in a few areas. Feel free to spread some of the marinade on the chicken after you put the chicken on the grill and be sure to cook thoroughly. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Slice the chicken into strips after taking it off of the grill.
- You can refrigerate the chicken until you are ready to eat, or you can serve the chicken warm.
- Prepare your salad and drizzle your salad dressing on top.
- Place the chicken on top of your salad.
- For extra-fabulous, pour some buffalo sauce on the top of your sumptuous salad.
Mullins Food Products is a custom sauce supplier and manufacturer. Our chefs routinely experiment with culinary dishes to wow your taste-buds. Today, buffalo sauce, tomorrow they may have a culinary session using salsa, BBQ sauce, ketchup, mustard, a salad dressing or a pizza sauce.